Monday

What's the worst day of the week that makes us all depressed? M-O-N-D-A-Y S-U-C-K-S! Monday sucks! Yeah!
I now officially have nine work days before I take a three week vacation over the Christmas holiday. Boy I'm looking forward to having some time off. Thanksgiving break was a tease compared to what awaits me at the end of the month. And it will be time off well deserved.

This break makes me feel like I'm still in school, eagerly awaiting the end of classes and exams. It's interesting how I still feel stuck in that mind-set. I suppose when you live one way for seventeen years old habits die hard. It's as though when I return in January after the break, I'll be starting all over again, but it won't be so. There will sit those same little faces, knowing only what I've managed to teach them thus far.

Do you remember when you were young and three weeks to Christmas felt like an eternity? When the hours of Christmas Eve would never end... when Santa stopped time to reach every child's house, and you had to sleep through that entire time warp?! Now I'm a grown up and three weeks shoots past like so many speeding cars on the highway of life.

I now understand the quote "Youth is wasted on the young". By the time you get old enough to appreciate such values they are twice as slippery and I'm not as quick as I used to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home