Wednesday

Let the homework begin! I received my curriculum book for my grad class in the mail today. It seems that there will be a lot of writing involved in each assignment, which is fine by me I suppose. Don't get me wrong, if I didn't have to do it I wouldn't. I don't mind going the extra distance though if it means creating a new and improved back-up plan for myself. I'm trying to make sure I'm taking care of my own, so that I can take care of my own.

I'll get started on the assignments as soon as my text books arrive via UPS. My guess is sometime this weekend or early next week. I'm thrilled I have my new desk to work on, however. I think signing up for the masters degree program is what kicked me into gear to actually purchase a desk. At least now I have room enough to work (and lets not forget that I needed a place to set my soda while I work).

Another perk of taking the classes is that it will finally kick the monkey (j.o.b.) off my back about getting a masters degree. Apparently you need one to teach in community centers these days (I'm rolling my eyes, if you couldn't tell.) Someone's going to have to start paying me more.

The center just isn't cutting it for me anymore. I love the children, but the work environment is not good. Between lazy, thieving, good for nothing co-workers, and an admin staff that can't tell their left from their right it just doesn't make for a suitable learning/working place. I put in for three weeks vacation at the end of May/beginning of June, so that I can make a trip to Florida to see my sister graduate from high school.

Hopefully they'll approve my vacation, because if they don't then I'm going to quit. I pray that I'll find a music position in public school by September 2004. There's a good chance I can have one set up and waiting by the end of May if the mayor follows through on his word and reinstates the music programs. Then if the current job tells me I can't go see my sister graduate, I'll get to say those six special words for the first time.... "Take this job and shove it!"

Oh, and feel better Zann.... I miss you when you're sick :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home