Sunday

First, I've just noticed that this blog recently had a birthday. I've been writing here for four years this month! Happy Birthday to me!

Now, on to the important items.

A few months have gone by, and my herb garden has finally metamorphosed from what looked like average yard weeds into something we can actually use in the kitchen.

Below you'll find the pictures of what I've managed not to kill. (Don't ask about the oregano.)

Here we have the chives. I've not used them yet, as they still look a bit young.


The cilantro is doing the best by far. It's even begun to flower! As for taste, I'll tell you I won't use anything except fresh cilantro again. It's incredible.


Here we see the basil, also quite large, and the second most frequently requested item from the garden.


The odd balls of the garden. Strawberry plants. They've yet to make any strawberries, though. These could be regular potted plants for all I know.


Last but not least, parsley. We haven't tried this yet either. Garnish does not excite me.


Here's what they looked like months ago, for any who are interested in the progress.

Early herb garden post.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pawpaw would be so proud of you, the only one of his grandchildren who have even attempted to grow anything, and you're doing a great job I might add.
Mammaw

May 29, 2007 5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parsley potatoes are yummy. Just peel and cube potatoes, boil and drain, add butter to taste and throw in some chopped parsley. Love it!
Mammaw

May 29, 2007 8:57 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

That makes me smile.

May 31, 2007 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home