Wednesday

The time has rolled around to dust off the 3eb CD that goes untouched on the shelf most of the year.

I don't get around to listening too it all that often. I can't claim it's because Alex usually chooses the musical selections, or that I'm too busy. This has always been the way things are with the CD.

I bought the CD when I was in high school, I'm sure due to a Zann recommendation. As it was one of the very few CD's I owned at the time, I would feed my computer addiction by playing video games until the sun came up while listening to 3eb on endless repeat. Yeah I know, I had no life.

The CD accompanied me to college where gaming was replaced by late night studying. Then it followed me to NYC where I had no television or computer for quite a while. It hardly left the CD player. It even made the final trip with me when I moved back to Florida. A well travelled musical selection, as you can see.

But the last few years, I've forgotten to play it so often. I run across it about once or twice a year, throw it in the play list, and reminisce. Each time I take it out I swear I'll listen to it again soon.. but it usually doesn't happen that way for whatever reason.

Odd how a simple combination of chords and rhythms can take you back to times and places you'd otherwise forget.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! No blogs at all for a long while now 3 in a row!

May 23, 2007 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home