Monday

Lately, the amount of video game paraphernalia floating around Alex's living room has become outrageous. Thus, it was decided that a shelving unit needed to be made for our Guitar Hero controllers, those being the bulkiest (READ: easiest to trip over).

This is my first woodworking project. Enjoy the pictures below.

Pencil. Check. Tape Measure. Check. Wood. Check.


All your base are belong to us. The base is assembled, and checked for proper fit.


A close up of the base. Simplistic, yet suitable.


The muscle. I'd never used a saw before.. and those who know me well don't very often like me to use sharp objects. I did learn to use the saw, and actually cut through several of the base and side boards.


All four guitars on the completely assembled stand.


I'm no slacker, this stand is getting stained.


I managed to get *most* of the stain on the stand.


Here we are drying out after the stain was applied.


The final product.. the stand is next to the fire place.


Final view. It's not much, but it's a good start for a first project I think. No more controllers on the floor at any rate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a team!! Looks good to me. The punkins too. Keep up the good work. You are definitely related to your mother!! Alex better latch on. He'll be missing a good thing if he doesn't.
Mammaw

November 06, 2007 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home