Thursday

I managed to make it to the sixth board on Ms. Pac-Man. Now there's a game. This may not sound like a very big accomplishment, but until last night I hadn't beaten the fourth board. Those ghosts are too fast for their own good. Winky, Sue, Blinkin, and Nod.

I've also been reading a book called "The Sword of Shannara" by Terry Brooks. It is currently employed as my laundro-mat literature (IE. the book I take along to read so that I have something to do other than count the number of times the red sock goes 'round in the drier.) No complaints so far.

The book is standard fantasy, which means that it follows along the lines of Lord of the Rings. The plot is such: Bad guys dressed in black and five times the size of unsuspecting good guys on a quest that they don't understand, travel the lands chasing/fleeing from one another to find an expensive piece of treasure that could ruin/save the world.

In this book instead of ring wraiths, we have skull bearers; instead of a fellowship of nine adventurers, there are six; the treasure to be gained is a sword, instead of a ring. Very similar, the two. But one must remember that LOTR's is the greatest work ever written in this genre. One would do well to follow the rules set by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Finally, have any of you seen the Florida news lately? Lake Deputy Slain. Born and raised in Lake County, and having taken more than one trip through the Ocala National Forest, I understand why it took police eight hours to find this bastard. Quite frankly, I'm glad that he is now paralyzed from the firefight he had with the cops. I hope they shot him in the most uncomfortable of places.

Quite frankly I think the punishment fits the crime. Death was too good for this one. Now he can spend the rest of his life miserable, unable to move or escape or harm another person. God doesn't like ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home