Saturday

Wrapping up two weeks worth of Independence Day lessons, I had the children sing a song I taught them for the camera. Children are natural performers, often doing things you don't even ask them to do in the first place (front row, your left).

Final result: 95% of the children know that they live in the state of New York, and that New York is in the United States of America. I must admit that they don't always pronounce "United States of America" correctly, but hey, you get the point. They also know the colors of the flag, and that Independence Day is when we celebrate America's birthday. Four-year-olds are sponges. The other 5% managed to retain bits and pieces. I'm no miracle worker, my apologies.

At any rate, here's the link. See for yourself.

You're a grand old flag!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home