Saturday

The northeast has finally decided to wake up from it's winter slumber and advance into spring. Thank goodness. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever warm up here. I suppose I've been spoiled spending the first 22 years of my life in Florida, where there is only one season: hot. I don't believe I'll ever get used to 20 degree weather. It just won't happen.

These trees are out front of the neighboring building. I can actually see the one with the white blooms from my bedroom window. Seeing as the white flowering tree smells terrible when it's in bloom, I'm rather happy that it's not in front of my room. I need the spring and summer breeze floating through my window, but please no stinky trees for me.

In other news, I walked all over downtown Brooklyn today. I began here at Washington Ave, then wandered out to Atlantic Ave, then it was down to Court St, last but not least I wandered back up Flatbush and Dekalb to get home. I ventured into the Atlantic Center Mall where I noticed that the new Target is hiring workers (which means they'll be open for business soon I hope). I also stopped at Barnes and Noble as well as the hardware store. I was hoping to find some shelves to enhance my poor closet space, but I didn't find anything I liked. Total mileage walked: 4.5 miles.

And to top off my Saturday I went running in the park after I returned from shopping (another 2 miles) and ate garlic knots from the pizzeria that I like so much, and cleaned my room. The night is still young. There is much to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home