Saturday

"C'mon babe, why don't we paint the town? And all that jazz.
I'm gonna rouge my knees, and roll my stockings down, and all that jazz.
Start the car, I know a whoopee spot, where the gin is cold, but the piano's hot.
It's just a noisy hall, where there's a nightly brawl, and all that jazz!"

It is such a beautiful day here in Brooklyn. The skies are blue, the grass is green, the weather is not too hot, but not too cold. I just came in from spending two hours outside and it still calls to me. Come! Frolic! It is spring time! Now all I need is some twitterpation, and all will be right with the world.

I watched Troy last night. The highlights from my viewing are as followed: (If you haven't watched, you might not want to read this next part!)

-Hector saying "He is my brother" in the most dedicated way and running Menelaus through with his sword after Menelaus ripped Paris a new one.
-Achilles crying over the corpse of Hector after being made to see the error of his ways by Priam. (I love watching Brad Pitt cry.. among other things.)
-Achilles relationship with Briseis was one not to be missed. A pleasant addition to the story. My favorite line is when Achilles says something to the effect of "I am the only Trojan you will not have to fear on this day."
-I particularly enjoyed the way Achilles used his shield, spinning it every which way.
-Lets not forget Paris and his ability to mount a horse in a single bound after being beaten within an inch of his life. (Did anyone else notice he didn't use reins to lead the horse, but his legs. Long live Legolas!)

I could go on. But I'll let those of you who haven't seen it yet discover some surprises for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home