Sunday

Well folks, I've accomplished all the goals I set at the beginning of this five day weekend.

I finished the two papers I needed to do and turned them in to the teacher. I also went to the teacher recruitment meeting that went something like this:

Recruiter: How are you today?
Me: I'm good, yourself?
Recruiter: I'm fine. So, what's your degree in?
Me: Music Education.
Recruiter: Oy. You poor sap. Have you been to any job fairs?
Me: Yes sir, I've been to five fairs, and have yet to see an elementary music position.
Recruiter: Ah, yes they're hard to come by. With the push towards academics, music programs aren't getting the attention they used to receive because we can't figure out how banging a drum can aid students in learning math, science, and language arts skills.
Me: Apparently. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Recruiter: No chance in hell, kid.Just keep looking.
Me: That's what I thought you might say. Thanks for your time.
Recruiter: Where's my lunch? Anytime! Good luck!

Yeah, so the meeting went just as I expected. You'd think for a city claiming to need 7000 certified teachers for the 2004-05 school year, that they'd jump at the chance to hire on a young, certified, experienced teacher. I should have stuck with the performance degree.

In other news, I still can't beat the final coin challenge in the N64 Diddy Kong racing game. Repetition, repetition, repetition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home