Tuesday

My First Appliance

After watching me drool over this wonderful contraption for a week, Alex decided it was time to teach me that once in a while you have to do something nice for yourself. We made a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday.. two to be exact.

The first trip was to "look around", which in reality was only meant to tempt me with all that anyone could ever want in a kitchen. I'm not a frivolous shopper though, so we left the store gaining nothing more than the half our of free air conditioner use. (In Florida, that's well worth the trip.)

After driving about and visiting other stores for half the day, we ended up back at B.B. & B. By this time, however, I'd listened to Alex lecture on about deserving to spend my hard earned cash on myself once in a while instead of on everyone else. I couldn't argue as I'd been eyeing this most amazing stand mixer forever, and I DO spend a lot of time baking...

To make a long story short... I've made two batches of cookies (recipe 1 and recipe 2) and a Viennese Chocolate Torte for the boys this evening... with my beautiful metallic chrome contraption.

... besides.. I have to be able to keep up with Alton, don't I?

NOTE! Relatives reading this site should be made aware that there are ATTACHMENTS for this appliance, and that my birthday is just around the corner. END NOTE.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

oh you bet you will be.... we'll all be fat come new years.

July 26, 2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home