Wednesday

"I've said nothing so far.. and I can keep it up as long as it takes.. it don't matter who you are.. if I'm doing my job it's your resolve that breaks."

Summer vacation has officially begun. I was in heaven last night. The boys (all five of them) sat around playing acoustic guitars, and that makes me very happy. I would give a lot to have the kind of skill they make seem so easy and natural.

Goals for the summer include but are not restricted to:

*Visiting the botanical gardens.
*Making various trips to various beaches.
*Outlining general lesson plans for the upcoming school year.
*Running, running, running. I'm aiming for 5 miles a day.
*Increase practice time on saxophone. That shouldn't be too difficult. Once every two months isn't cutting it.
*Must find decent music for Malaguena, and learn to play said music. I NEED the music.
*Alex. Alex. Alex. God how he makes me smile.

I made the most amazing blueberry tarts yesterday. In Dave's own words: "Amy, are you sure you didn't get a degree in dessert making in college??" I rock.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mammaw said...

"The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." You may win over the whole bunch of them if you keep cooking goodies. They all look as if they would appreciate good cooking...most men do. It takes a lot to fill up guys of that size. I know...I raised one. We were able to put money in the bank when he left home!! I still love to feed him though, and now it doesn't take so much to fill him up.
Good luck on your summer goals...5 miles, huh? I'd never make it! Even when I was your age. I only ran if I was being chased by a bear. Practice up on the sax. I love to hear you play it. I pull out the CD of your senior concert and listen from time to time. You should join the guys and make beautiful music together. I might even come to Fat Cat's for that!!

May 31, 2006 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home