Monday

My new theme song should be flight of the bumble bee. I forced myself to forget what it was like to have my own social circle when I was in NYC for a variety of reasons, none of which are all that important anymore. Now that I've returned to the old hometown I'm not sure how I managed without the boys. I suppose I should stop calling them boys, as they're men now. It just doesn't have the same ring to it though.

I'm especially thrilled with the number of concerts I've been able to attend since returning. These concerts come in two varieties. Stetson concerts at my old college, and jazz concerts at this little inn in Mount Dora.

The Stetson concerts come in all shapes and sizes. Two weeks ago I listened to the symphonic band concert (Blueshades was played and the band almost blew the walls out of Elizabeth Hall, which is how it should be), and tomorrow I'll be attending the guitar concert. I've even managed to talk the one named Alex into traveling with me on this journey. I'm a firm believer that concerts are much better when you go with someone who appreciates the music just as much as you do. There's just something about hearing the most beautiful section in a piece of music and being able to look over and whisper "did you hear that?!" that enhances the experience.

The jazz concerts are held on Friday nights at the Lakeside Inn. The trio that plays is insanely old (especially the pianist) and they play with the knowledge that only age can bring. The only downside to the entire experience is that there are on occasion several drunken middle-aged people attending as well. It is a bar, after all. Last weeks show involved a 50-year-old woman who was married to a man half her age, and still insisted on dancing with or sitting on every mans lap in the place. By the end of the show I wanted her to leave, and get pulled over for DUI on the way home. Ruin my jazz show will you?!? Drunken whores aside, the music is well worth sticking around and listening.

I almost forgot to mention the amazing rendition of Johnny B. Good played by yet another friend's band (a cover band to be exact.) People, the lead guitar player even did the solo with the guitar behind his head. You just can't beat that. I'm jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home