Friday

Things have been quite busy in a day in the life of grace lately. I've been spending a lot of time with a small group of friends. I almost forgot what it was like to have someone call you up wanting your attention. I now realize just how much I missed it.

The last week and a half have been full of excitement. Last Friday I had dinner with Devin, Jason, and Chad (friends from high school that I just don't get to see enough). After dinner, we wandered into a local inn where the most amazing jazz trio plays each weekend. The members of the trio are all in their 60's and 70's and regardless of age, they put us all to shame. Musicianship knows no time frame.

While listening to the trio, we were treated to an antique car show. I've never been all that interested in cars, but the folks in Mt. Dora know how to put on a good performance. The show was held on the cobblestone street outside of the inn after dark, which meant they had to use spotlights to show each of the cars. That night was much like stepping into the twilight zone.

We (myself, Alex, Jason, Dave, J.R., and a few other random acquaintances) did a bit of time traveling together on Saturday night. The boys have been building a bar on the porch of Dave's house, and the finished product turned out quite nice.

Sunday involved a trip to the airport to pick up my sister (READ my first trip to Orlando in my incredible car!) Monday morning came all too soon and I found myself back at work in with my kiddies.

This brings me to the pictures you are about to view. The county I work in has spring break next week, so we got to partake in Easter celebrations a bit earlier than most people. We've been planting a butterfly garden at school (and will release butterflies after spring break). Last but not least, we made a trip out to Uncle Donald's Farm today. Below you will find more pictures than you probably want to see. But, due to my lack of posting here, they've been accumulating. Hey, don't complain. This will give you something to do while you're not working at work. Enjoy!

Leprechauns and the color green as far as the eye can see!


The next several pictures were taken during our class kite day. Each child brought a kite to school and we went into the field adjoining our playground and had a ball!









These pictures were taken Thursday during our Easter celebration. The children are preparing to hunt Easter eggs here.






This is a shot of our butterfly garden as it is to date. More pictures when the rest of the seeds begin to grow.


The rest of the pictures found below are from our trip to the farm today. Here we are milking goats!




Baa baa white(?) sheep???


And on his farm he had a pony, EIEIO!




Strut your stuff!


Here we have Harley, the singing dancing entertainer (and I'm referring to the bird, not the girl.)




Cock-a-doodle-doo!!


I suppose it matters not what kind of "kid" it is, they all love to climb.


And on his farm he had a pig... this was one of two pigs. The other pig weighed 900 pounds. That's a lot of bacon.


This mischievous goat must be related to the one who tried eating my dress when I went to Uncle Donald's farm 22 years ago.


Kids feeding the kid!


Class picture! The sign (which you probably can't read very well) says "Kids for Sale!" and there's a little chick on the sign that says "Cheap!"


The last set of pictures shows what happens when you run around a farm all day long. You collapse in a heap during the ride home.





2 Comments:

Blogger chrsblck said...

i once went to a pumpkin patch on a school trip. i still have the scar from the chicken that was guarding the pumpkin i wanted. it litterally is a chicken pock (or peck)

April 07, 2006 11:55 PM  
Blogger zann said...

it's difficult to take a picture of kite-flying that isn't adorable.

April 08, 2006 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home