Tuesday

Twenty-four hours from now, there will be a brand new azure pearl 2006 Scion tC sitting in the driveway. My first car, and a brand new one at that. Granted, I'm 26-years-old so it's taken me enough time to venture out and purchase one, but it's MINE! I've had to wait a week since placing the order for it to arrive at the dealership, and I hope it's worth the wait.

In other news... bills, bills, bills. I've discovered there's a silver lining to those millions of dollars in student loans some of us have to pay back. The reward lies in the fact that if you make your monthly payments, your credit score goes through the roof. 813 thank you very much. I'll learn to improv faster than I'll be able to pay off those loans, and those of you who know my improv abilities will know that to be near to never. (Just for the record, yes, I went to a private college and it cost me more money than I'll ever earn, but would I change it for the world?? Never. I loved every minute.)

I spent the entire day in a T.O.P. meeting for the county. TOP stands for Teacher Orientation Program. The school board gathers all the newly-hired teachers together in one room and tells them how to behave in school. No having sex with the students was one topic they emphasized (sad that that rule even has to be stated, but read the news, it obviously does), how to have productive teacher conferences, and a large portion of the discussion focused on all of the paperwork/evaluations we "newbies" have to have done before the end of our first year. Luckily, my college required us to complete all of the first year teacher Florida "competencies" before we could graduate (read paragraph two about how wonderful they were), thus I've completed most everything the county requires. I just have to track down a bunch of administrators and get them to sign and date all the various forms. As if there's time in the day for that AND chasing 18 four-year-olds all trapped in the same room.

The day wasn't a total bust, though. There was a wonderful 80's style tote bag waiting for me at the meeting today filled with all sorts of teacher "goodies". Markers, pens, paper, but I've saved the best for last!

I am now the proud owner of a red mini-swingline stapler! And if anyone takes it, I will burn down the building.

Milton Waddams: "And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire..."

And he did. Office Space

2 Comments:

Blogger chrsblck said...

i asked for no salt NO SALT on my margarita.

March 14, 2006 11:41 PM  
Blogger zann said...

i hid my red Swingline in my desk when i went on vacation. it was still there, which is good news for everyone in the building whether they know it or not.

March 17, 2006 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home