Thursday

Wow. Where does the time go? It's Thursday already. Too bad it's not Friday night. I'm ready for the weekend.

Let’s bring you up to speed. I spent most of Wednesday at home because when I woke up that morning, it was raining in my room. Not just in my room, but on my bed in my room. How fun is that? The ceiling was leaking from all the rain we've been getting here in good old BKNY. Thank goodness it started dripping about the time my alarm went off, so the bed didn't get more than five or so drops on it. Can you guess how many times I tripped over the garbage can I had catching the water? Ha! You guessed wrong! 0 times is the correct answer. At any rate, I took the day off of work, you know, just in case the ceiling decided to come crashing into my room along with the rain.

I asked my class a simple question today. And the answers I got were amazingly cute. Now you must remember, that I teach pre-K which is 3, 4, and 5-year-olds. We were reading a story about the Oregon Trail, and the kids wanted to know why the people were shooting the buffalo. I explained that they needed it for food, which they thought was incredibly disgusting. Why people would eat something like that was beyond them. At which point I asked "Well, who knows what hamburger comes from?" About 10 hands shot up, and I got the following answers: "McDonalds," "Burger king," We just make um!” Oy. Eventually I set them straight, and taught them that food like hamburger, chicken, fish, and ham comes from animals. By the looks on their faces, I may have turned them all into vegetarians.

Poor kids. Someone has to set them straight. They'll never look at a cow the same again. (Not that there are cows in Brooklyn... which might have been a big part of the confusion.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home