Tuesday

So! In an attempt to keep busy, I have ventured onto the New York Philharmonic's website in search of concerts. Much to my pleasure, I have discovered they are giving summer concerts, and this year the music isn't awful!

This means that on the 19th, a week from today, I will be sitting in Central Park enjoying a night under the stars with Dvorák. (Yeah I know there aren't any stars visible from NYC, but let me have my dream, eh?) The program consists of the following:

Dvorák: Carnival Overture
Dvorák: Cello Concerto
Dvorák: Symphony No. 9, "From the New World"

This may not be exciting news to any of you, but it thrills me (I rather enjoy the first and last of that list, and I've not heard the middle selection to my knowledge, so I could very well love that one too). There are supposed to be fireworks after the concert, and the whole thing is costing me $0. That's right. The concert is free.

Yes, it's a little unnerving to be out that late in Central Park by myself, but the precinct is right next to the train station which is right near The Great Lawn (where the concert is being held), so there shouldn't be any problems, I hope.

And who says you can't get something for nothing in this day and age?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home