Sunday

Well it's happened. No longer can I say the phrase "When pigs fly!" because today, I saw a pig flying high in the sky. A fluffy white pig. Ok. So it was a cloud shaped as a pig but I think that's as close as I'm going to get, unless a miracle of modern science cooks up a pig with wings in the near future. Oink! It was gone as quickly as it appeared, but it was there, in my child’s mind, for a few short seconds.

This weekend has been uneventful in an eventful sort of way. I spent Friday night watching Amelie which I recommend you all see (so long as you aren't opposed to subtitles). The chili I made was also a hit, which makes me happy.

Saturday I found myself wandering about my favorite spot in NYC, shopping for odds and ends. I ended up coming home with a new sweatshirt, some fun Pilates workout bands, a new toothbrush (it's blue!), and two videos. I watched the first of the two movies I bought, A Walk in the Clouds, a good romantic comedy, and left the other video, Seven, for tonight. I'm hoping that I won't be scared senseless and have to sleep with all the lights on after watching Mr. Pitt in the suspense thriller. Only time will tell.

Today was spent walking around Brooklyn, through the Fulton Mall, and down to Barnes and Nobles on Court Street. I managed not to spend any money today, which is both a good and bad thing. I was searching for the seemingly rare "duster", also termed a "sweater coat" by some. I ended up walking about 6 or so miles and that was after I had run 3 miles in the morning. Having no sweater to show for after over three hours of shopping, I had had enough for one day and returned home empty handed.

There have been several thoughts running through my head lately. I'm sure this is not how life is supposed to flow. To simply exist, go through the same routine everyday, yearning for the weekend to come swiftly. As the precious time slips through my fingers and I'm presented with yet another routine, just on a different day, I realize that the profession I have chosen will be a great one to fit my lifestyle. I will have summers off to do as I please, and lets not forget the weeks of time off during the school year for random holidays. I'd like to travel, visit friends who have been away far too long, be an ever-present daughter and big sister, start my own family, and get to know this world as much as I can. Routines are wonderful plans that help keep us sane, but with no deviation life becomes quite boring. Even a Virgo needs to get out of her box once in a while.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I'm hoping to provide one thing again and
help others such as you aided me.

Also visit my webpage :: Ladies Golf Gloves

June 17, 2013 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home