Monday

Well, being sick is no fun. Remind me not to do that anymore. See what happens when you fake a sick day?? I've had a cold since Thursday, and am just now beginning to recover.

The weekend was horrible. Saturday night in particular. Not a good wakeup call. Saturday night, I was startled from bed to shouts for my roommate to call 911. I stumbled into the living room dazed and confused to find out what was going on this time.

Apparently, someone was hit by a car on the corner of my block while attempting to cross the street. I ran to the living room window, looked out, and saw a crumpled heap of body laying directly below my apartment on the street. The person had flown at least 50 feet to land half underneath a parked car. 15 minutes later my roommate flags down a random ambulance and fire truck passing by because his 911 call STILL hadn't been answered. The firemen check for a pulse in the wrist... nothing. Then they check for one in the neck. Nothing. As they rolled the man over I turned away, no longer able to watch. It may sound horrible to say, but I didn't think I could handle having that image in my head. At any rate, you can check out the article above and read for yourself.

The rental car has been reserved. Jason's plane ticket has been purchased. Now all we have to do is wait. Well, that and pack. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home