Thursday

Where have you been??? Oh wait, I'm the one who hasn't posted since last year. Here's a rundown of what's been happening in my neck of the woods.

First, I endured the end of the year celebrations. Is it just me, or did Christmas not feel like Christmas this time around? There was a New Years Eve party with the guys. Those always turn out interesting as 99% of the time I'm the only one at the party who isn't drinking. Drunken guitar playing anyone??

The traditional ball was dropped in Times Square. It was surreal seeing it on television, as I've wandered through that location so many times in the last three and a half years. They toasted with whiskey, I toasted with ginger ale. Three people passed out, two turtledoves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Some of my time was spent with my little sister before she took off for Ft. Drum with her husband. Then there's the whole learning to drive ordeal. Parking a Crown Victoria is no fun, let me tell you.

And let's not forget the job search. The charter school I interviewed with Tuesday called back "unofficially" with good news. Early next week I'll find out officially that I've been hired. The job seems to have all the benefits of being a public school teacher at a regular elementary school, but due to it's charter status it is sprinkled with a dose of freedom many teachers yearn to have.

Rambling complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home